Your mission, should you choose to accept it: finding a non-expensive, black, knee length dress that six of my friends would actually wear again. You're laughing, aren't you? My math brain really loves matching dresses! Plan B: Have everyone buy a black dress they love and be done with it.
So to implement my plans I have two options. Either: Scour the entire online and physical world to find something that is as close to a nice, flattering, non-expensive dress and ask my girls in a very sweet voice to humor me, or... get over my love of matching. (I will try option one first, and upon admitting defeat will attempt option two.)
After giving a half-hearted attempt at forcing my two younger sisters to put on every potential option we could find in two bridal shops, I return to my first love: JCrew.
from www.JCrew.com
I love this dress. I would wear this dress one million times. But would my friends?! Said dress is $165 (in chiffon). Not bad, you say? Everything is bad when you're a grad student or fresh out of grad school. (Shout out to recent Masters grads like me!)
So- I ran the dress by Mama and the two amazing and patient younger sisters (maid of honor and bridesmaid). And they all liked it! Then Mama called JCrew and verified that this dress would be flattering on all different shapes and sizes of girls. Score!
I believe the current plan is for Mama to order the two younger sisters dresses, and see what they think in person. If they like them, I start the begging process with the other four brave souls who have agreed to sign over their time, love, and money to my marriage process.
PLEASE comment supportive thoughts about how beautiful JCrew dresses are in person to inspire my girls to agree!
2 comments:
you are amazing. and i love the dress. and you. that's all :)
Oh, I am so excited that Abby loves it, too! I might buy one in a different color for my MOB dress --LOL!
Problem: JCrew says that their Fall catolog doesn't come out until Aug or Sept. Can I get MT's and KT's already (from Summer Catalog) or will that pose a problem?
We will try to go to the JCrew store and get professionally measured later this week and ask them more questions.
Post a Comment