I have been forgetting to post these pictures since the little party Lindsey and I threw last Thursday for our fantastic friend Jess, who is getting married in Mexico on May 30! To get some background, Jess has friends spread all over the country and just wanted a quiet little get together to celebrate and relax before her big day. She also does not care for much that is girly, frou frou, or pink. She is having a relaxing barefoot beach wedding, so she is pretty non-traditional. Therefore I present to you our attempt to give her almost what she wanted, while still making her laugh:
Our little set up: Lindsey artfully cut strawberries to decorate our champagne and juice bar
Cute wine glasses from the dollar store, decorated with candles, cheesy miniature fake white roses, and beaded wine charms I made with the roommate's help in Jess's wedding colors
Check out our hysterical plastic swans to hold the strawberries- Lindsey and I were having too much fun at the dollar store
Time for gifts! Jess's Traditional Wedding Survival Kit: veil (I made!), furry ring pillow, fake bouquet, tacky garter
Jess being a good sport and posing with all of her new gifts next to our girly pink "Bridal Shower" Banner
Time for REAL gifts: Lingerie Shower! A little blue number from Lindsey
And of course I went with the skimpy black lace :)
I know everyone is loving the fact that Jess needed to try on her gifts over her clothes... At least we know they fit!! After champagne and gifting, the three of us headed to Maggiano's for dinner. (Jess went without her veil or any lingerie on over her clothes- too bad!) What a perfect, relaxing night of girl bonding. Hopefully Jess thought so too!
Her comment to us after the fake gifts was: "Don't worry, I will be getting you two back!" Uh oh... it might be dangerous to be the last of my awesome work girls to get married. (Jess, Lindsey, and Chris will all be married before two months is over!) Jess has already gifted me her singing "Honeymoon Fund" piggybank- so far only nice benefits to being the last. And at Lindsey's bachelorette party, we spent the night discussing a beach party for mine. Anyone else getting excited about their future plans as others come before them?
No comments:
Post a Comment