[Yuck, I have been fighting with Blogger to upload my pictures for far too long... Eh hopefully this works! Saturday: Okay, still trying to fix it...]
So I was "researching" for the wedding the other day (read as: looking through billions of pictures on the internet, trying to avoid unpacking) and I came across the most wonderful (in my opinion) knot bio ever. And while looking, I came across this memory candle idea:


Perfect! I had been wondering what to do for this- something classy and noticeable but not too overwhelming. And it reminded me of these pretty candle holders on sale at Pottery Barn that I had found via weddingbee:

So I called my super awesome Mom and told her about my idea: get two of them while on sale to decorate the new place, and then use one in the wedding for a memory candle. To my delight she said she'd buy them for me! (Thank you Best Mom Ever!!!)
Cue to yesterday when Ryan says to me, "you already have a package!" and I opened up these beautiful babies. As soon as I finish unpacking and find my camera cord, I will take some pictures of how cute these look on our fireplace mantel. (Yes, we have a fireplace. S'mores in the winter, here I come!!!!!!!)

And in case you didn't click to the best knot bio ever, here is the picture of the floating candle memory vase that she used, and where to find it:

buy here (recommended by best knot bio ever)
Anyrate, what do y'all think? Did anyone else do something different to remember loved ones who have passed?
And don't worry, pictures of the new place, an update on how moving went, and recap of how Ryan and I have not yet killed each other (yay we made it through three and a half days already!!!!) coming soon.
2 comments:
i love it.
and i am sorry i did not notice it sooner. i am the worst bridesmaid and best friend ever.
but i think that is amazing. :) you're ingenious. really.
What a great idea. Honestly, so sweet and so personal. Thanks for posting!
Anne
Post a Comment