One of the biggest things Mom and I talked about (with Lindsey's help!) while she was here was floral decor. Neither of us knows too much about flowers or wedding decor, and I am not so good at visualizing. So we took Lindsey out to lunch, and while picking her brain, she got me to realize that I don't need specialized floral knowledge to meet with a florist and vaguely describe what I want.
So I went ahead with my first step in "facing your floral phobia" and contacted three florists. Now that I have one appointment scheduled so far, I realized that I am not good at describing what I want in words- at all! I better come up with some pictures to demonstrate my desires since I won't be taking Floral Design Language 101 anytime soon. At least not while I still have a day job.
Row One: "I love candles."
Row Two: "simple and small centerpieces"
Row Three: "classic, white bouquet"

Row One: first two images from On Occasions of Atlanta (I believe), candles via East Side Bride
Row Two: image via Tying the Knot, multiple centerpieces image via The Bride's Cafe, gorgeous image from Michelle Rago
Row Three: bouquet image from On Occasions of Atlanta (again, if I am remembering correctly!), carnation bouquet from Birch via The Fairmount Bride, bouquet via Miss Green Tea
So what do you think? Did anyone else have to learn a new language to talk with wedding vendors?
1 comment:
I constantly am using language like "that curly thing" or the mushroom looking thing, when I talk about flowers. Good thing I am not really picky with my floral vision because my lack of vocabulary means it would never happen!
Post a Comment