Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Save the Dates: Finally Complete!

Alright, so I won't be mailing them until the end of the month, and truth be told I have a few more addresses to get.  But by and large, they are finally complete!  It is beyond strange to have completed my first little wedding project- and mostly painlessly.  Here is their story: told through pictures.

Look what was waiting when I got home!

My materials all organized: addressed envelopes, Save the Date postcards, and stamps
(For the few left to address, I've got the blank envelopes, writing guide for addressing, and fancy pen)

A closer look at the addressed envelopes
(Addressing  in your own handwriting with a guide  was a huge timesaver!)

A closer look at the front: Didn't they turn out perty?

A closer look at the back

Finally: the look of it all together
(Clockwise: Front of envelope, back of envelope, back of Save the Date, front of Save the Date)

They are simple and they don't provide an extreme amount of information, but this was on purpose.  All extraneous information is posted online, and for those without internet access we are mailing this information out separately.  (More on that to come.)

You might also notice that nowhere does it state: "Save the Date."  Again, this was on purpose as I am just not so much a fan of this phrase (random, I know, perhaps the connection to STDs that makes me queasy).  I stole the wording I ended up using instead from a Save the Date received by the old roommate- and I would credit that fabulous bride if I had any memory as to who she is!

Any thoughts?  Do they get the point across?  Have you had enough of them and want to just move on to the next big thing?  In that case stay tuned for eye candy and my incredible photographers later this week!

5 comments:

Jenna said...

Would you mind doing a post on how you created the postcards? We are going to do something similar for our RSVP's and guestbook. I love the fab vintage flair they have!

Ellen Mint said...

Those are really cool, especially the old school look.

I'm sure most people will figure it out (this coming from someone who had no idea what an STD was: other than the 7th grade health variety)

ami @ elizabeth anne designs said...

they really turned out great! yay!

Anonymous said...

those are super cute, i really like them!

Annie said...

Thank you everyone for the encouraging comments!!! I will absolutely post about how I created the postcards, although I might not get to it until next week.