Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Strange Personal Issue: Tables


Image found here

You know how it is; there are those few weird things that you have strange, unpopular opinions about when wedding planning.  One of mine is that I really dislike round tables.

Now in an effort to avoid them, I have done my research on pricing and I think I am in a good place.  But my parents are still concerned for guest comfort.  During Mama's visit, we visited Magnolia Hall with Lindsey, and all three tried different seating options around the rectangle tables.  I got the feeling it might not be as smooth as I had hoped.  So the question is, should I:

  • Get over it and have round tables
  • Ask nicely for all rectangular tables
  • Mix it up to make everyone happy

And also, can I get a little feedback on rectangular tables?  Are there set-ups that work better than others?  Any thoughts would be great!!

image found here

image found here

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, my first comment is:
It's your wedding. You can do whatever you would like to do. I know you have an issue with round tables, so you need to make sure that you are happy with the set up.
My only advice is this:
Do you remember at Jess' wedding...how we were at a rectangurlar table and we could not coverse with everyone else at the table? I love the look of rectangular tables, but it is not so much practical if you would like to your guests to be socializing with people at the table. It's much easier to converse at a round table. And the mix of tables seems to me to make any room look and feel more crowded. But that is just my opinion. Again, I love the look of rectangular tables. Very classy. Its just not the most practical. Then again...weddings are hardly ever practical! haha. Its up to you darling. Its you and Ryan's day :)

Annie said...

Thank you for your feedback! My two disagreements are that I think that Jess's wedding was just crowded in general, and that I personally like that kind of interaction better. Hmmm. This leads me to realize that I like the smaller interactions but that others might like talking around larger tables. So what if it was rectangles and squares, which would be more cohesive visually. Thoughts?

Unknown said...

oooh I dig the rectangle and squares idea! I like the shape concept. And I agree with the crowded-ness at Jess'. And I to prefer to chat with one or two people as opposed to 8 or 10, which would make sense for rectangular, but you can put people at the square tables if you feel they are more social. Good thinking. The combination of the two gets my vote. Look at you. Considering the thoughts and feelings of your guests. You are the best bride. Ever. :)

ps.
its still hard for me to call my best friend a bride.
hahaha