I hope that everyone had a great weekend celebrating America's Birthday!! I actually got LOTS of homework and studying done, and also I finally worked on my Save the Dates! You have patiently listened to the plans, and now you are saying-
"Enough already! Just show us the gosh darn things."
Well my friends, the finished product is coming soon. But first, don't you want to see how I gave them a special crafty touch? (I will safely assume the answer is yes.)
Before placing my beautifully edited vintage postcards into the safety of their new homes, I thought I would do a little decorating. So I figured I would give a short "how to" about embossing our new address onto the backs of the envelopes as the return address. (Please ignore the awful blocked out info!)

Step One: ink stamp and press onto envelope flap
Step Two: not so centered, try harder next time!
Step Three: cover with embossing powder in color of your choice
Step Four: dump off excess powder
Step Five: use sweet pink embosser to heat it up!
Step Six: now ain't that a perty touch?
Materials:
Envelopes
Custom Rubber Stamp (from impressrubberstamps.com)
Ink in color of your choice
Embossing powder (can be clear, as shown, or colored)
Embossing Tool
Tips: I use a paper plate to tap off my excess powder onto; it makes for easy clean up if you fold it in half and use it to funnel the excess back into your container.
Very simple; gives it a personal and homemade touch. Which is what I am going for- you can't take me too seriously if my own address isn't centered, now can you? ;)
Tomorrow comes the finished product, I promise! Thank y'all for your continued patience! Anyone else finding the little things endlessly amusing while trying not to study for this week's midterm?
No comments:
Post a Comment