Monday, July 14, 2008

Rehearsal Dinner Brainstorming

image from Maggiano's

Hey y'all!  I hope that everyone had a fantastic weekend!

Mama left on Friday night, and then Ry and I attended a wedding Saturday.  Congrats Chris and Chris!  Sunday was a lazy rainy day, but I did get some homework accomplished.  All in all a good one.

I will break down Mama's visit into a few posts, but truth be told, we didn't accomplish a vast amount as far as decision making goes.  Instead, we talked a LOT, met with my brand new official wedding coordinator (I love you Linds), and brainstormed.

And one of the exciting things we brainstormed about was: Rehearsal Dinner locations!

So I know that this is going to be largely up to Ryan's parents, but they asked us to give suggestions.  So we talked about different options, and then visited two of them to get a feel.

First Mama, Lindsey and I ate at Atkin's Park in Virginia Highlands and requested to see their banquet space.  Although I very much adored the space, it was sadly up a flight of stairs (no elevator) and the only bathrooms were downstairs.  Additionally it would hold a maximum of forty, and we were at that moment unsure that we would all fit.  So it was a no for us.

On Friday night before Mama left, Ryan and I accompanied her to dinner at Maggiano's.  Ryan had never been before, so I was eager to see what he thought.  We had a great time, but we were sitting right in the bar area at the busiest time on a Friday night, so our experience wasn't perfect.  I thought Ryan would say it was a no.

Out to dinner on Saturday night (after the wedding we had to unwind apparently) the group convinced Ryan that Maggiano's was a perfect location, and that we should go for it.  (The other two couples we were with knew they were going to be invited, so that might have helped the cause!)

So we haven't yet pitched the suggestion to Ryan's parents, but I thought I would ask: Has anyone had their rehearsal dinner (or any other private event) at Maggiano's?  Or do you have another good location suggestion for us?

No comments: