Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Wedding Planning Confession


Alright- I have a confession to make. I have no freakin' clue how to plan a small gathering at my apartment, let alone plan a wedding. Does it show?

Up until this point I have largely been trying to figure out how to plan this wedding "correctly"... God only knows what that means. As I'm sure you can all imagine- this was only succeeding in making me crazy. But today I decided- I am finally ready to embrace my total confusion, being overwhelmed with choices, and start having FUN.

I don't mean that I don't still want to take guest comfort, or the happiness of others into consideration. But I mean that, well, you can only do so much. I don't think I was ever going for "my PERFECT day," I was only going for "doing things right." And as my fantastic parents both keep trying to remind me: there are many ways to do this wedding thing right.

I think I am ready to start listening.

And I realize you're wondering- Pretty bath tub picture, but what the f*ck does that have to do with anything?  Well my friends, my master's degree has given me the gift of learning the importance of self-care, and this thought process is part of that.  So are gorgeous bath tubs.  Related in my head, I promise.

A special thanks to Meg for reminding me to keep taking deep breaths. And making me laugh at the same time.

Image from lioninoil via An Atlanta Bride.

No comments: