1. He is one of the most genuine people I know. When we were first getting to know each other, he told me very directly and sincerely that he wanted to go get drinks and get to know me better because he admired me (awwwwww). [With no sketchy intentions either, because y'all know that I was dating someone else.]
2. He has a fantastic intuitive sense about others; he will tell you that lots of his friends can be jerks, but he knows which ones would go to the ends of the earth for him. Same goes for my friends.
3. He secretly (or not so secretly) loves bad eighties love songs and sings them in my ear whenever they come on the radio- and knows all of the words!
4. No matter what else is going on, Ryan will do absolutely anything to make me laugh. Even if he gets yelled at for it. ("I am serious this time! Stop making jokes!")
5. He wants to live a life of purpose, and become more of the man he wants to be every day. He never wants to get stuck in a rut. (This part screams soulmate to my heart, fyi.)
6. The first time I went to Atlanta to visit (long before I lived here) he said "Welcome Home" to me when I got out of the car. When I gave him a puzzled look his response was, "I don't know where that came from, but it felt right." Atlanta has been home for us both ever since.
7. He would do anything for his parents. Or his friends. That melts my heart. (Even when it drives me crazy.)
8. If we pass a dog while walking, Ryan will stop to play with it no matter how nervous this makes its owners.
9. After spending time with close friends, he has said to me (alone of course, it's not macho to tell your friends you love them) "No one deserves this much love."
10. When I asked him if he cared what I looked like the day we got married (after he gave me LOTS of opinions) he said, "I'll take you however you come to me."
And a bonus reason: He pushes me every day and won't let me settle on anything, ever.
What are some random reasons you knew your significant other was the one?
1 comment:
And reason #11.
He has a fabulous butt
oops did I say that???
Just being honest....
Words cannot express how happy I am for you. I knew that one day you would find a man that brought out every single wonderful part of you. And Ryan is it. What I love so much about him is the woman that you are when you are with him.
And I wont post any mushiness about why my significant other makes me the happiest person alive...you know why he does :)
Even when he does leave wet towels on the floor. Have you had any problems with that yet??? ;) This co-habitation thing was the greatest decision I have ever made...and I hope that you are having an equally happy/frustrating/excited/confusingbut extremely rewarding time as I have been!
Post a Comment