Sunday, June 1, 2008

Invitation Planning

So making the invitations is one of the parts of wedding planning I am looking forward to the most.  Many who have gone the DIY route with invitations have warned that it is more stressful and time consuming than they expected, so I decided to spend the summer making the invites, even though they will not be mailed until the beginning of November.  To get a head start, I have been working on a basic outline for a couple months.  No matter what I did though, it felt too boring.  (Sorry, I am not posting anything until I have something I am more excited about!)  Then I decided to go ahead and purchase this:


Recommended by my old roommate as a good source of clip art to spice up the design, I thought I would at least give it a try.

Then I decided that I better at least have an idea of the colors and layout of the paper before I can finalize the printing, so I went ahead and ordered samples of some Stardream paper to check colors and weight for printing.  I decided to check out:

Quartz

Opal

Bronze

[Images are from www.paperworks.com but samples were ordered from handmade-paper.us (because they were $0.75 per sample!).]

Last, I decided to order some supplies from Paper Source... Because let's be honest, they have my heart.  (Dear Paper Source, Please open a store in Atlanta!)  Plus, I got the idea for my design from some of their DIY suggestions, so it seemed only fitting.  I decided to get some flat paper and some eco-white cover weight paper:


(the screen shot accidentally included the label, whoops!)

So once all of this gets to me, and I actually decide on what I am doing, I will post some more clues here!  Stay tuned!

No comments: