Sunday, June 1, 2008

Save the Dates

Based on the fact that we have not yet taken engagement pictures but the time to make some Save the Dates is here, I had to come up with another idea besides sharing pictures of my pretty little face with you.  (Wait, I mean, Ryan's pretty little face...)

I came up with (read as "stole" from this knot bio) the idea of using a vintage postcard, editing the wording, and using it as a Save the Date.  So first I thought a postcard of Piedmont Park would be perfect:

found here

Unfortunately, it was sold already.  So I needed a new idea.  I thought of Christ the King (the Cathedral we're getting married in) and I found this:

found here

And I was pretty sold.  It's beautiful, it's where we're getting married, and I love it.  Then I show it to Ryan and he said that he thinks it would be "pretentious" and very much not my personality to send out pictures of the Cathedral on our Save the Dates.  I immediately understood where he was coming from- I'm not your perfect church-going type.  Has wedding planning and a love of all things pretty affected my brain?!?  (But I still think it's beautiful, eh.)

So I figured I would look up a few more options to satisfy Ry's request.  I present the other ideas:

found here
(This is Ryan's favorite, he said it looks "happier")

found here

found here
(according to the website, this is of Inman Park, but it looks like Piedmont Park to me)

found here
(driving into Atlanta, past the stadium)

So what do y'all think?  You even like the idea of a vintage postcard?  I like the thought of giving people a cheerful little taste of Atlanta- so I am pretty sold on it.  Which one should I use?

No comments: