Sunday, June 15, 2008

Congratulations Lindsey & Chris!

Image found here

Light night I attended the wedding of Lindsey and Chris!  Congratulations to you both!!  It was so fantastic to see Lindsey so happy all night long.  And the trip to Cuthbert, GA was definitely one to remember.

I will have more pictures this week, but for now I must share a short story.

The car ride from the hotel to the reception included myself, Ryan, Jess, her husband Billy, and my boss (Dr. C).  (As a side note, Dr. C was causing trouble all night long and was a blast!!)  Either way, as we were standing outside after the ceremony waiting for the big exit, Jess kept admiring the flower pomanders hanging along the entry way on shepherds hooks.  (See picture above for example.)  Dr. C kept encouraging her to 'steal' one after everyone else left.  I think the rationale was, "They are going to die anyway."

So this is forgotten until we are sitting at a gas station making a pit stop before heading to the reception.  Jess realizes that she forgot to steal the pomanders, so we drive back by the church so she can get them.  As we are turning the car around after her capture, she realizes the flowers are fake.  Determining fake flower pomanders will not die, and therefore might be reused, everyone decides they must be returned to the church.  However, Jess somehow decides Dr. C should throw them out her window onto the church lawn as we drive back by.  Both of the boys, as well as Jess and Dr. C found this absolutely hysterical.  I was the only one who thought it was sad to be so reckless with someone's (already used) wedding decorations!!!  What if she wants to save them forever???

And then I realized- I am a huge wedding geek.  I need to lighten up!!!  This wedding planning stuff is definitely getting to my head.

PS: Happy Father's Day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was doing them a favor! I don't want something so pretty to just die on a church lawn! By the way, will you have the "flower balls" at your wedding? Just thought I would ask! --Jess