Crazy weekend! We had a few friends from out of town and I was more social than I have been in months, leaving me exhausted but happy. Then I had a paper due in my class tonight, leaving me- hopped up on caffeine late at night (again). So forgive my lateness. I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend and official start to summer time!
First, the envelopes! (Is it wrong to be really excited about envelopes? I justify by telling myself it makes the wedding one baby step towards real.) I really wanted these:

However at $3.50 for ten, the total would have been $35 for the 100 I wanted. Now before you think that doesn't sound bad, consider that envelopes that aren't quite as dear to my heart can be found for about 1/3 of the price. So I figured I would be a good kid and scratch that. I checked Envelope Mall for something similar, and while I did find this:

at $15.25 for 100, it sadly did not come in the correct size (I wanted A6 to fit my postcards, and of course it came in various other sizes but not A6). So I settled my silly envelope-loving heart on these:
Now I know you're feeling big time sorry for me (completely kidding!), but don't worry! I made it all better by ordering 100 of these babies which arrived today:

And now that I am done whining and my envelopes and stamps have arrived, I am quite happy with my decisions. The envelopes were $10.75 for 100, are 30% Post Consumer Waste, and best of all, are the correct size! (And they are very nice, despite not having my fancy flap.)
I can't wait to get the actual postcards and send these babies out! It gets slightly more real by the day...
Anyone else excited by the little things?

No comments:
Post a Comment